Welcome to AG'S Football Reports --> Skip to main content

FULHAM SACK MARTIN JOL

Fulham have sacked Martin Jol after 5 straight defeats. West Ham beat them 3-0 yesterday and Fulham never managed a shot on target. Fulham have only won 3 of their 12 Premier League games this season.

Rene Meulensteen who was appointed Head Coach to work alongside Jol 2 weeks ago has been named as Jol's replacement at Craven Cottage.

Terror for the sacked Jol
A club statement read:

Shahid Khan, Chairman of Fulham Football Club, this afternoon announced that Rene Meulensteen will run First Team duties, effective immediately, taking over for Martin Jol.
“Today I spoke with Martin to thank him for his efforts on behalf of Fulham Football Club over the past three seasons and, in particular, since my becoming Chairman earlier this year,” Khan said.  “Martin was very gracious and I appreciate his understanding of the situation. There is no question Martin is an excellent football man and he has my utmost respect for the commitment he made to our Club.
“However, our poor form and results this season are undeniable, and Fulham supporters deserve better. With more than half the season still ahead, an immediate change was necessary.”
Jol expressed appreciation on Sunday for his time at Motspur Park and Craven Cottage since arriving at Fulham in 2011.
“It was a privilege to manage Fulham, one of the great clubs in the Premier League or anywhere in the world,” Jol said.  “I am disappointed in this season but know there are better days ahead for Fulham and its supporters.  I will always treasure my experience here and want to thank Mr. Khan and everyone at Fulham for the opportunity.”


Meulensteen takes over

Meulensteen was appointed as Head Coach of Fulham Football Club on the 13th of November after working at Manchester United, where he worked alongside Sir Alex Ferguson at Old Trafford between 2007 and last summer.
“Rene Meulensteen was brought to Fulham to assist Martin and today was offered the challenge and opportunity to step in for Martin,” Khan said. “I thank Rene for accepting and now we move forward.  I have great confidence in Rene and high expectations for our squad to respond.”
“I appreciate the faith Mr. Khan has put in me and will do my very best to honour his trust,” Meulensteen said.  “We aim to get Fulham back on track, starting Wednesday night.”



Fulham fans we want to hear from you either leave a comment or tweet me @AlexGrace12 with your reaction to the news.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FT REPORT: CRYSTAL PALACE 0-1 TOTTENHAM

HARRY KANE broke Crystal Palace hearts as he headed home an 88th minute winner at Selhurst Park.  It was Kane's 35th goal of the season and his 150th career club goal, the goal equalled his record of goals for last season as he once again looks on course for another stunning season in front of goal. His header broke the hearts of Palace who were denied a precious point in the battle against relegation. One man who will be thanking Kane for scoring will be Spurs right back Serge Aurier who had missed an open goal a few minutes prior to Kane's goal. The result saw Spurs go above Chelsea into the top four on goal difference before the Blues's trip to Manchester United. The defeat for Palace see's them remain 17th in the table outside the drop zone on goal difference. They also play Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool in three of their next four fixtures. It was a tight and tense affair in the first half and Spurs were unlucky to be denied two penalties....

WELCOME TO 2017/18

Hello! Welcome back to AG's Football Reports after the summer break! I hope you all have had a wonderful holiday and are ready for the most exciting season yet. The Premier League still has a week to go before it returns but this week see's the return of the Sky Bet Football League. It is promising to be one of the greatest ever seasons in England's second tier with no less than 20 of the 24 clubs having played in the Premier League. Just as in previous seasons AG's Football Reports will be here covering all action across the season, starting on Friday night when the whole campaign kicks off with Derby travelling to relegated Sunderland and Championship new boys Millwall making the trip to the East Midlands to face Nottingham Forest. The Premier League kicks off a week later and it once again looks to be one of the most unpredictable leagues ever once again. Huge money has been spent in the league with just over £1bn being spent so far. So as we look forward to...

EVERTON SACK SAM ALLARDYCE

EVERTON have sacked Sam Allardyce, with Marco Silva set to replace him at Goodison Park.  Allardyce leaves Goodison after just 7 months in charge. Everton finished the season in 8th position in the Premier League table with 49 points, 12 fewer than they achieved last season. Allardyce met with the club's majority shareholder Farhead Moshiri this morning (Wednesday) where he was told that his services were no longer required. This is believed to be have been a decision that come from an Everton board meeting on Tuesday afternoon. It is believed that Allardyce will receive the vast majority of of the final 12 months of his contract which Sky Sports estimate is around £6m. A statement on the clubs website read: "On behalf of the chairman, board of directors and Mr Moshiri, I'd like to thank Sam for the job he has done at Everton over the last seven months. Sam was brought in at a challenging time last season to provide us with stability and we are grateful to h...