Welcome to AG'S Football Reports --> Skip to main content

David Moyes "How have we not got three points?"

David Moyes was once again left ruing refereeing decisions and the use of VAR as West Ham were held to a 1-1 draw at Southampton on Sunday.





There were several controversial moments in the contest, from Southampton's opening goal to some interesting defending from a set piece. The former Everton boss was left unimpressed with some decisions.  


"How have we not got three points?" Moyes said. "The real reason is the referee, the referee gets in the way of the ability for us to defend.

"The ball comes out and Jarrod Bowen goes to get the ball and the referee blocks Jarrod Bowen from getting to it and the boy scores from it


"Ridiculous, it really is. Wait until you see the angles and the pictures and you will soon see how terrible it is that he allows it to go on. You can't get in the way of somebody getting it and allowing it to go and it ends up as a goal.


"I asked him (Bankes) about it, but I spoke to him more about the penalty kick. The penalty kick on Tomas Soucek is a judo move by the player who is marking him."There must be new rules in football, so you should check out the new rules which are that you can grab them right around the waist and you can hold them and then you can put them in a judo move, where you slam them down


"He gets him and throws him right down, it's unreal. It's not the referee, it is VAR. Whoever was on VAR today needs to go to Specsavers, I've got to say."




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FT REPORT: CRYSTAL PALACE 0-1 TOTTENHAM

HARRY KANE broke Crystal Palace hearts as he headed home an 88th minute winner at Selhurst Park.  It was Kane's 35th goal of the season and his 150th career club goal, the goal equalled his record of goals for last season as he once again looks on course for another stunning season in front of goal. His header broke the hearts of Palace who were denied a precious point in the battle against relegation. One man who will be thanking Kane for scoring will be Spurs right back Serge Aurier who had missed an open goal a few minutes prior to Kane's goal. The result saw Spurs go above Chelsea into the top four on goal difference before the Blues's trip to Manchester United. The defeat for Palace see's them remain 17th in the table outside the drop zone on goal difference. They also play Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool in three of their next four fixtures. It was a tight and tense affair in the first half and Spurs were unlucky to be denied two penalties....

WELCOME TO 2017/18

Hello! Welcome back to AG's Football Reports after the summer break! I hope you all have had a wonderful holiday and are ready for the most exciting season yet. The Premier League still has a week to go before it returns but this week see's the return of the Sky Bet Football League. It is promising to be one of the greatest ever seasons in England's second tier with no less than 20 of the 24 clubs having played in the Premier League. Just as in previous seasons AG's Football Reports will be here covering all action across the season, starting on Friday night when the whole campaign kicks off with Derby travelling to relegated Sunderland and Championship new boys Millwall making the trip to the East Midlands to face Nottingham Forest. The Premier League kicks off a week later and it once again looks to be one of the most unpredictable leagues ever once again. Huge money has been spent in the league with just over £1bn being spent so far. So as we look forward to...

EVERTON SACK SAM ALLARDYCE

EVERTON have sacked Sam Allardyce, with Marco Silva set to replace him at Goodison Park.  Allardyce leaves Goodison after just 7 months in charge. Everton finished the season in 8th position in the Premier League table with 49 points, 12 fewer than they achieved last season. Allardyce met with the club's majority shareholder Farhead Moshiri this morning (Wednesday) where he was told that his services were no longer required. This is believed to be have been a decision that come from an Everton board meeting on Tuesday afternoon. It is believed that Allardyce will receive the vast majority of of the final 12 months of his contract which Sky Sports estimate is around £6m. A statement on the clubs website read: "On behalf of the chairman, board of directors and Mr Moshiri, I'd like to thank Sam for the job he has done at Everton over the last seven months. Sam was brought in at a challenging time last season to provide us with stability and we are grateful to h...