Welcome to AG'S Football Reports --> Skip to main content

FA Cup semi-final reaction

FA CUP SEMI-FINAL: MILLWALL 0-2 WIGAN

Wigan have reached the FA Cup final for the first time in their history after beating The Lions 2-0 at Wembley. The game however was overseen by crowd trouble within the Millwall support.

Wigan took the lead after 25 minutes when Kone lifted the ball over the Millwall defence and into the feet of Shaun Moloney who tucked the ball past Lions keeper David Forde.

The second goal came after Wigan had been on the back-foot, James McCarhty slotted the ball through to Callum McManaman who run around Millwall keeper Forde and slotted the ball into the net to give Wigan a place in the final.

A statement on the Millwall website read:


Millwall Football Club will do everything possible to assist the Football Association and the Metropolitan Police investigating the disorder that occurred during Saturday's FA Cup Semi-Final against Wigan Athletic at Wembley Stadium.
The Met confirmed after the match that they had made ten arrests with more expected to follow.
Millwall CEO Andy Ambler said: "Our position is clear. Anyone associated with our club found guilty of violent behaviour will be banned indefinitely from Millwall matches in addition to any punishment they receive from the authorities. Having worked so hard to show the positive side of our club both on and off the field, we cannot allow the actions of a mindless minority to undermine that.
At this stage we are still in the process of establishing the full details of what happened in a section of the ground during the second half. When we have those facts at our disposal and the police have completed their investigations we may be in a position to comment further."
The Football Association's official statement reads:
Alex Horne, General Secretary of The FA. said: "The Metropolitan Police and The FA are this evening investigating scenes of sporadic violence and disorder in the Millwall FC end at today's FA Cup Semi-Final.
"The FA and Wembley Stadium will work with Police and representatives of Millwall FC to review all events.
"We will look to ensure those involved are identified and we would call for criminal charges and a football banning order to be brought against them.
"The FA deplore the scenes which have taken place, which are unacceptable. Everything will be done to take action against those involved."

Read more at http://www.millwallfc.co.uk/news/article/wembley-statement-770378.aspx#D0ojTjcgxUwixcPd.99 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FT REPORT: CRYSTAL PALACE 0-1 TOTTENHAM

HARRY KANE broke Crystal Palace hearts as he headed home an 88th minute winner at Selhurst Park.  It was Kane's 35th goal of the season and his 150th career club goal, the goal equalled his record of goals for last season as he once again looks on course for another stunning season in front of goal. His header broke the hearts of Palace who were denied a precious point in the battle against relegation. One man who will be thanking Kane for scoring will be Spurs right back Serge Aurier who had missed an open goal a few minutes prior to Kane's goal. The result saw Spurs go above Chelsea into the top four on goal difference before the Blues's trip to Manchester United. The defeat for Palace see's them remain 17th in the table outside the drop zone on goal difference. They also play Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool in three of their next four fixtures. It was a tight and tense affair in the first half and Spurs were unlucky to be denied two penalties....

WELCOME TO 2017/18

Hello! Welcome back to AG's Football Reports after the summer break! I hope you all have had a wonderful holiday and are ready for the most exciting season yet. The Premier League still has a week to go before it returns but this week see's the return of the Sky Bet Football League. It is promising to be one of the greatest ever seasons in England's second tier with no less than 20 of the 24 clubs having played in the Premier League. Just as in previous seasons AG's Football Reports will be here covering all action across the season, starting on Friday night when the whole campaign kicks off with Derby travelling to relegated Sunderland and Championship new boys Millwall making the trip to the East Midlands to face Nottingham Forest. The Premier League kicks off a week later and it once again looks to be one of the most unpredictable leagues ever once again. Huge money has been spent in the league with just over £1bn being spent so far. So as we look forward to...

EVERTON SACK SAM ALLARDYCE

EVERTON have sacked Sam Allardyce, with Marco Silva set to replace him at Goodison Park.  Allardyce leaves Goodison after just 7 months in charge. Everton finished the season in 8th position in the Premier League table with 49 points, 12 fewer than they achieved last season. Allardyce met with the club's majority shareholder Farhead Moshiri this morning (Wednesday) where he was told that his services were no longer required. This is believed to be have been a decision that come from an Everton board meeting on Tuesday afternoon. It is believed that Allardyce will receive the vast majority of of the final 12 months of his contract which Sky Sports estimate is around £6m. A statement on the clubs website read: "On behalf of the chairman, board of directors and Mr Moshiri, I'd like to thank Sam for the job he has done at Everton over the last seven months. Sam was brought in at a challenging time last season to provide us with stability and we are grateful to h...